This absolutely stunning Oscar de la Renta silk organza ball gown was the Spring 2009 ad campaign dress for the couture wedding dress collection. It is by far one of Oscar’s best wedding gown designs.
It was love at first site when I tried this dress on at Saks. I knew I had to have it! I purchased the dress unaltered from a bride who only wore it for a few hours during her ceremony before changing into another dress. The dress is beautiful in it’s original silhouette as a floor length ball gown but I was getting married in a garden setting in Palm Springs and wanted to modernize it a bit (plus I loved my shoes and wanted them to be seen!) so I created a hi-low hem. I’m 5’6 and wore 2.5″ heels. Dress does not have any stains. As shown in the photo there are some mild stains at the back bottom.
The fit of this gown is extremely flattering to any body type. It includes a built-in corset with boning to flatter your waistline and giving the dress a full support. I added a simple ribbon at the waist to tie it all together, but was never sewn on. I’m busty and was worried about having a dress that would not be supportive or stay up throughout the day, but his dress accomplished both! Bra was not necessary. The ruffles on this dress are still bouncy, giving the dress volume and shape.
If you’re in the San Francisco, Bay Area I’m willing to let serious buyers try on before purchasing.
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 34-36 (can be eased)
- Waist: 25-28 (can be let out)
- Hips: 34/36
- Height with Shoes: 5'8 1/2
- Alterations: Professionally added bustle. Other than changing the hemline, there was some minor alterations at bust.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Ballgown
- Material: Organza, Silk
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Corset, Glamorous, Modern, Ruffles
- Preservation Method: Professionally spot cleaned and preserved in box since wedding.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Owner Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.