This is my dream dress from Claire Pettibone’s Fall 2012 Beau Monde collection! Claire’s gowns are second to none and so beautifully crafted. I work in the bridal industry and I’ve never seen anything quite like the Ohh La La before. It is the definition of vintage chic.
I has a silk underlay, covered with the most gorgeous french lace overlay. The lace is embellished with unique antique blue accents around the neckline, drop hem, and bottom hemline. There are pretty little pink and red flowers done in needlepoint through the blue accents as well as actually sewn into the lace overlay, scattered throughout the dress. The back is my favorite part, it is full transparent lace also scattered with the pink flowers, and with a larger blue embellishment that faintly reads “paris” right at the small of the back, boasting the best-in-the-world french lace that the gown is crafted out of. Similar embellishments are highlighted at the front of the dress right below the bustline as well as three of them in a triangle formation on the dress’s chapel train. It is extremely lightweight and easy to wear.
- Label Size: 12
- Street Size: 8
- Bust: 35
- Waist: 28.5
- Hips: 40
- Height with Shoes: 5'7
- Alterations: As far as alterations go, I bought the dress with the intention of selling it later, so I also had alterations made so that they could be let back out to the original state of the dress where possible. I had it taken up at the sleeve in the front as it was a little loose, those stitches can be let out. There was also a strip of elastic added to support the bust right on the hemline below the bust. I would have added bust cups but it gave the dress too much structure and didn't look right. I opted for this instead and just wore chicken cutlets as a bra as the back of the dress is transparent. This would be an alteration that would be more difficult to take out, but it definitely does not compromise the integrity of the gown. I didn't have the hem done at all, but I had a three-point hook and eye bustle added in that displays the 3 antique blue embellishments proudly. I think they could be taken out if need be, but the seamstress would have to be very careful as this is a pretty delicate dress. Thanks for your interest in my gown! I hope you'll love it as much as I did!
- Color: Ivory, Pastel
- Silhouette: Sheath
- Material: Lace, Satin
- Neckline: Cap Sleeve
- Style: Floral, Open Back, Vintage
- Condition: Used
- Preservation Method: none
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Mooresville,
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Owner Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.