I purchased this dress this past winter for my wedding on May 31st in Puerto Rico. I went to the Los Angeles BHLDN store and fell in love with this gown. Here’s a link to the dress with all the dress details (which is no longer available for purchase on the BHLDN site): http://www.bhldn.com/product/omelia-gown. I had such an emotional reaction to trying this dress on, and so did my friends. It’s just GORGEOUS.
I am 5’11″ and normally wear a size 10/12 in dresses and this size 10 dress fit me perfectly. I have a short torso with very long legs and a large bust, and this dress flattered all those physical traits. I would say that this dress would be perfect for both flats (I wore flats) or heels, depending on your height. It seems best for a curvier lady like myself. The first several photos are me at my wedding, so you can get an idea of my figure and what the dress looked like on a real person (and not a model). I’d honestly say the dress looks better on than it does on the models on the BHLDN site (who seem too skinny for the dress).
This dress is super lightweight (maybe 2 lbs?) and delicate. It is dotted ivory tulle layered over champagne satin with scalloped lace embellishments at the hem and neck line. There is a relatively high-waisted satin waist band. Very light bust cup and boning. There’s a unique shoulder design that is sexy and classy at the same time. This is an extremely feminine dress. Beautiful back with lace covered buttons. Well made. I hate to let go of it, but it will just sit in my closet otherwise. Great for a beach wedding!!! Very romantic, fun, and whimsical with a vintage feel. Would look great with pearls or champage druzy jewelry (I did both). I am offering this dress (much to my heartbreak) for either $1,350 for the dress alone, or $1,500 for the dress, purse, wedding sash and earrings all together (photos of these items are below).
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 10
- Height with Shoes:
- Alterations: No alterations were made to this dress. It fit me perfectly. :) There is a very very small snag on the back of the dress (photo included below) that is barely visible. It's a very delicate fabric, so you have to be careful to not snag against anything. There is very slight discoloration at the bottom of the dress from touching the ground that is barely visible. I have also attached a photo of this. There is no damage to any of the accessories I am also selling that go wonderfully with the dress.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Sheath
- Material: Lace, Satin, Tulle
- Neckline: Scalloped
- Style: Beach, Bohemian, Not white, Vintage
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: I took it to a dry cleaner who specialized in wedding dresses out here in LA. It is not "preserved" as I wanted the next owner to make that choice (or not).
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.