This is the perfect dress for a bride that wants to look effortlessly elegant, without breaking the bank. I originally searched for my dress on OnceWed and other pre-owned wedding sites but was disappointed that I couldn’t find newer dress styles. I ended up purchasing my dress at a local boutique, breaking my rule about going over budget on a dress that you wear for maybe 12 hours.
But I LOVE this dress and believe that every bride should have that ‘moment’ when you know the dress is perfect, which is why I’m selling mine (only a week after my wedding!) in the hopes that another bride will get that same feeling I did.
As you can see, the dress is simple and classic yet dramatic and breathtaking. I wore it for our ceremony in Breckenridge, Colorado. It fit perfectly with the scenery and venue – not to mention was super comfortable! The material is stretchy and flexible so it can handle lots of movement.
I originally purchased the dress in a size 6 (street size 4) but after a disaster with my tailor one week before our wedding (who cut the dress 5 inches too short), the dress shop had a size 8 in stock, so I made it work. The best thing about this dress is how forgiving and versatile it is. I don’t think there is much difference between the 8 and 6 so don’t let the size scare you away if you normally wear a size 4, as I do. Check out the dress on Nicole Miller’s website – It’s from her Spring 2014 line: http://www.nicolemiller.com/nina-bridal-gown
- Alterations: I had very few alterations done. I am 5' 8'' and wore 3.5' heels - and after the tailoring fiasco, erred on the side of it being too long -- so the dress should be plenty long for anyone. From the waist at the bra line the dress hangs about 50 inches. I kept and used the original bustle that came with the dress. I had small cups put in - but those are just a few stitches and could be easily removed. I also had the straps shortened just a little because the dress was a size too big for me and my upper body is more petite. Again, if you normally wear a size 4 or 6 and aren't too busty, you should be fine.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been professionally cleaned (there were just some dirt stains on the bottom, but those have all come out) and looks brand new! I had it pressed before my wedding - but don't recommend doing that. On its journey to the mountains it quickly became wrinkled. We let it hang for two days and weigh of the material really smoothed it out and my mom and I just carefully pressed it ourselves, under a protective cloth, the morning of the wedding to get out some final creases.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Denver, CO
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.