According to J. Crew’s website: “This dress is all about the shirred strapless bodice: First, our designers gathered and stitched the crinkled silk chiffon to create a cool sunburst effect, then they added a notch detail at the neckline to give the design a modern edge. The skirt’s flowy, lightweight layers are ideal for tropical beach ceremonies (with jeweled sandals and one of our statement necklaces) but look equally alluring in ballrooms and backyards.” Additionally, here are it’s specifics: A-line silhouette. Falls to floor, 66″ from high point of shoulder (based off size 6). Silk. Interior corset. Back zip. Lined. Dry clean. Import. Online only.
I loved wearing this dress for our fall barn wedding in the Catskill Mountains of upstate New York. It was the perfect combination of casual and feminine. I paired the dress with a lavender floral headpiece, silver and gold espadrille slingbacks, and a silver silk sash from BHLDN with a small beaded bow. If you’d like to wear the sash as well, I’m happy to throw it in for free with the dress. It’s in perfect condition and bows on BHLDN cost upwards of $450.
- Alterations: The dress has minimal signs of wear -- for a barn wedding -- except a few barely noticeable stains at the bottom of the bodice and a small scratch on the zipper that you can cover with whiteout. I also had it taken in about an inch in the bodice at the bustline to make sure I wasn't tugging at it all night. I'm small-boned but about a large B/small C cup. I can only post three photos, but I have an image of the only noticeable stain (about 1/4 inch) at the bottom of the dress, which I'm happy to send you if you e-mail to inquire.
- Preservation Method: I had the dress dry cleaned immediately after the wedding, and it has been stored in the plastic case from the dry cleaner, inside the original J. Crew carrying case, since the wedding in late September.
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.