I wanted to have a vintage look with some support to my bust, so I didn’t really want a strapless dress. I’ve been to many dress shops but could not find anything that I liked. My husband helped me to find a dress shop and we made the appointment so off we went the next day.
I am a wedding dress size 14, so the shop directed me to the plus size area. I pulled a few and put on this one. As soon as I turned to look at the back of the dress, I fell in love with the back of this dress! The high neck laced back with buttons going along the back line was so elegant. The back side brings a touch of vintage and elegance to the dress. The front has a diamond neck line, which I wasn’t too crazy about, but both my husband and I were really happy to find this dress. Because the dress was two size bigger than my size, I had to take it in quite bit, but after taking it to an good wedding dress alteration specialist, everything fits perfectly!
This dress is so romantic, and classic. I really loved this dress and wore it at my ceremony and most of the photo shoot.
I hope this dress will help another bride feeling beautiful and like a bride at her most special day on her life!
- Alterations: The dress was a size 18 and I was a size 14. I had to take in quite a bit at the bust area. All fabric taken in were still saved by carefully and strategically sewed on the sides of the dress. I didn't like the diamond shaped neckline, which is shown on Moonlight couture's website, so I added some fabric and lace at my bust area to create a more elegant and conservative look, but still had the right coverage and curves showing. This dress is basically two dresses: a satin under layer and a net/ lace outer layer to create the romantic feel to it. The alteration specialist mentioned that the two layers of the dresses actually made it easy for her during alteration. I hemmed the dress so it gently caresses the floor with my 5' 6" height and 2-1/4" tall shoes. No bustle was added because I had another dress for reception.
- Preservation Method: This dress is being professionally cleaned and preserved in a box.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Forest Hills, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.