I am a simple kinda girl with an athletic body type. I knew I wanted a strapless dress that showed off my shoulders but that wasn’t overly girly. I tried on so many different styles from Amy Kuschel, and boutiques in town, but they just didn’t quite fit. Then I went to the JCrew store in NYC and tried on this simple, classic cotton cady dress and I fell in love. the description from JCrew is as follows:
Elegant and absolutely timeless in crisp cotton cady, this strapless gown features a flattering fitted bodice detailed with radiating pleats. The simplicity of the silhouette is perfect for piling on statement jewels—but also speaks for itself on its own. It’s finished with discreet side pockets to keep lipstick and tissues close at hand and an interior corset for added support and a comfortable, perfectly secure fit.
Fitted bodice with interior corset for added support.
Falls to floor, 66″ from high point of shoulder (based off size 6).
Back zip with covered buttons.
Lined in silk habotai.
- Alterations: I had the pockets taken out and the dress fitted to my figure- 34b bust, 30 inch waist, and 38 inch hips, although the dress is loose from the waist down.
- Preservation Method: The dress was dry cleaned immediately and has been stored in plastic in my bedroom since our wedding in October 2013.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.