I found this classic Monique Lhullier alencon lace gown at a beautiful boutique in CT. Of course, it was the only day I went dress shopping alone, and it was way out of my price range. Once I put it on, I had to have it, and my family drove up from NY to get to the store before closing to see! This is a stunning lace dress with soft silk underneath that makes it feel like a nightgown. It is by far the best quality gown I have ever worn, and I felt like an absolute princess while wearing it. I broke the bank buying this dress because I didn’t know about websites like oncewed.com and was pressured into making an immediate purchase. Now, I’d like to help someone else have their dream Monique dress without the
huge price tag!
The dress is white lace (which has a true color somewhere between white and ivory) with a white gown underneath. The wrinkle in the photo is due to my posture; it is not part of the dress.
If you like the veil, I may be talked in to parting..
- Label Size: 2
- Street Size: 2
- Bust: 34
- Height with Shoes: 5'11
- Alterations: I am very tall (5'10" without heels) so I had very little length removed from the gown. Because it is lace, the fabric was carefully removed to preserve the original scalloped lace hem. Therefore, as long as you are shorter than me, the dress can be shortened without a problem! I also had the straps shortened slightly so that the V was less revealing (it dipped 2" below the bra line, but as you can see in my photos, it is slightly more modest, which allowed for a little wedding cleavage). Regarding the width, I had the dress taken in a little around the hips to make it hug my waist and lower back. It fit like a glove! The true size is likely somewhere between a 0 and a 2, with flexible height (for 5'11 and under) Soft cups were also sewn into the dress, and are appropriate for an A-B cup (provide a little support without being super cleavaged). A french bustle option for the reception is also sewn in.
- Color: Ivory, White
- Silhouette: Ballgown
- Material: Lace
- Neckline: V-neck
- Style: Classic, Open Back, Vintage
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: We had it professionally cleaned and packaged within a few days of the wedding, and it has been carefully stored in a smoke free, animal free environment ever since.
- Terms of Sale: Other
- Location: New Haven, CT
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.