UPDATE: Skirt & Sash have sold– I am now only selling the corset top and veil (together or separate). Thanks!
I was looking for a simple, timeless, floor-length, ballerina-like gown and found it in this two-piece combination from Monique Lhuillier, which was purchased directly from one of her boutiques. The top and bottom are from two different collections, but go together perfectly. The top had a very limited release, so you won’t recognize it or see if on other brides (most likely). Reese Witherspoon wore a very similar combo in blush, but other than that, I’ve not seen it anywhere! It fit me nearly perfectly and was therefore very lightly altered (see below).
I wore my gorgeous gown only once, for my own wedding in Sept. 2011. It’s in almost perfect condition, with just one tear (from dancing!) in the top layer of tulle on the skirt. I looked into having the skirt shortened and altered for myself and was told by three different tailors that the tear is easy to fix because they could simply remove the top layer of tulle, revealing the next layer down (there are many layers of tulle down to the base layer of the softest silk you can imagine!)…
Was planning on holding on to the dress for one of my daughters (two years after my wedding I’ve been blessed with two beautiful twin girls!), but we live in Manhattan and I’m out of closet space and don’t want to deal with professional storage, etc. So sadly, I’d like to find it a new loving home!
Please note: I’d be willing to sell the pieces separately, if interested. The skirt at $900 and the top at $2250. I wore the ensemble with a long tulle sash by ML and a fingertip comb veil. Would be willing to sell entire package, if interested. Also happy to send more pics…Just write to me!
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 8
- Bust: 33
- Waist: 30
- Hips: 40
- Height with Shoes: 5'11
- Alterations: This was very lightly altered, just to bring it in slightly from the original size. The length was not altered at all, and I am very tall (5'10"), so there's plenty of room to take up the skirt for a variety of heights, etc. The classic fit is very true to size.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Silk, Tulle
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Classic, Corset, Two piece
- Preservation Method: It has been dry cleaned by a professional Manhattan wedding gown cleaner, and stored carefully in my closet with breathing room and without mothballs or anything of the like. It is in very good condition--no stains. There is one slight tear in the top layer of tulle of the skirt, but I have been told by professional tailors that it can easily be fixed by simply removing the top layer of tulle (there are many, many layers underneath!)...
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.