If you love a classic look with a vintage flair, this is the dress for you. It is at once elegant and romantic, but at the same time, has a vintage color that literally made me swoon when I first saw it. This dress was part of Lazaro’s spring trunk show. I had been to several shops in the DC and Richmond areas looking for the perfect gown and had come up empty. While visiting Portland, Oregon, the weekend we were officially engaged (I’d known for some time, as we had set the date already), I spotted AniA Bridal Salon. My beau went to Starbucks while I popped in. I walked directly up to this dress. Sold. If the fact that I bought it off the rack clear across the country is any indication — this dress is stunning. As timeless as Audrey Hepburn — you’ll never look back and wonder why you wore THAT to your wedding. It is absolutely stunning.
I just want to say for that us larger girls, it isn’t always easy finding something that makes you feel beautiful. I felt gorgeous on my wedding day. I had searched endlessly for a designer gown on the used sites, but everything was a size 12 or smaller. I hope this works for someone around my size and makes them feel as beautiful as I did walking down the aisle without having to shell out a fortune. and because it is designer, you will have no trouble selling this dress.
Shipping is negotiable and I will entertain reasonable offers on the dress. If you are local, I will also consider allowing a try on.
- Alterations: There were very minimal alterations made to this gown. It was brought in slightly at the sides and the tulle layer underneath was removed but preserved should you decide you want it to be more princess/ball gown style with an even fuller skirt. I found it quite full without it, and MUCH cooler to wear. There was nothing taken off the length, and in heels, it fit me perfectly (I am 5'11").
- Preservation Method: The dress has been professionally cleaned using an organic method by a business with a long tradition in cleaning bridal gowns. They had the highest reviews in our area for this service. It is currently hanging in the original bag. If this item doesn't sell within six months, I will pay to have it preserved, but the price will change accordingly.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.