From Vera Wang’s Luxe line. This was the third dress I tried on and then it was done. Such attention to detail: beautiful floral lace appliques hand-placed and layered throughout the dress to give it dimension and movement. The skirt features approximately 10 layers of tulle and additional underskirt. Charming pleated bottom adds a subtle detail. Beautiful with train down and bustled for dancing or cocktail hour. It was the perfect dress for our rustic chic wedding – comfortable to wear, easy to maneuver, flattering and unique. I did make changes (see alterations page) such as creating a custom veil and adding a row of buttons down the back, for a completely one-of-a-kind look.
For more pictures see the Style Me Pretty feature of our wedding, or email me:
- Alterations: The dress was originally bought at a size 8 despite being too large for my frame; I loved the dress and wouldn't settle for another. I ended up putting more than $1200 of alterations to the dress. This included: - Tailoring the dress to a street size 2-4 - Adding a row of silk lined buttons/loops down the back for a more dramatic look - Creating a custom made fingerlength veil lined with floral lace matching the dress - Removing 1 layer of petticoat to make the shape slimmer - Adding cups to structure (B sized) - French bustle
- Preservation Method: Perfect condition Stored in my parents' home after the wedding in a bust bag from the tailor; never re-worn
- Terms of Sale: Returns Accepted
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Atherton, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.