I only tried one other dress before purchasing this dress. I fell in love with it online and ordered it immediately. Once it arrived, after trying it on, I was instantly convinced that it was going to be the one I would wear on my special day. What I love about it the most is that it has a very timeless and romantic look to it. So much so that my mom thinks I should keep it for my future daughter which I have not even conceived yet lol. Anyway, it is actually the perfect dress because the lace is soft and flowy. I had a beach wedding in Cuba so it draped very nicely and flows beautifully when walking. Having said that because the lace is so soft, it is also delicate so you have to take care in how you treat it. I was super careful and always gave detailed instructions on whoever was handling it. ie. seamstress and drycleaners. Therefore, it is in great condition just like new right now; no stains, or tears. As long as you are a careful person you should not have a problem but if you anticipate that you don’t want to be careful then I will be honest that this dress won’t be for you (unless you intend to do a trash the dress anyway or don’t care to preserve it.) It looks amazing on though so if you are willing to sacrifice that then it will be well worth it!
It is a light ivory color. Not stark white nor is it cream colored sometimes the pictures can be deceiving.
I can email you more pictures if you like in different lighting. This only allows me to upload 3 pictures without paying more.
Also, it comes with the original garment bag and hanger.
Details from website:
This silhouette is fitted through the bodice. For best fit, size to the curvier of your bust and waist measurements.
Can be shortened; using an experienced bridal tailor is recommended.
Interior bust cups with underwire.
Silk tulle shell.
Measurements from the website:
Bust: 86″ (will be approx 84″ as I had it altered)
Natural Waist: 72.5″
Finely ruched tulle flows up and around a fitted bodice before softly floating into a lacy skirt. Catherine Deane’s airy and romantic dress is both subtle and breathtaking, and pairs well with a sash or statement necklace. Back zip. Professionally clean. Imported.
- Alterations: All alterations were done by a professional and very experienced seamstress in the wedding industry: 1. Length was shortened at the waist to preserve the lace detailing at the hem. I am 5 ft and 7 inches tall and it sits just above the floor but not touching the floor ( I wore flats). 2. Chest width was taken in so it is between a size 2 and size 4. Size 2 would have been too small for me and size 4 was too big. I weigh approx. 125 lbs. and a size 34B. For street clothes I wear between a size small and medium. 3. Added boning around the bust area for better support as the original dress had very little to no support. 4. Replaced padding at bust for better shape since original padding was not evenly distributed and you could see the unevenness when worn. 5. Stitched on both sides of the back zipper so that it will not accidentally snag when zipping.
- Preservation Method: Professionally dry cleaned using eco-friendly methods.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.