I fell in love with this dress because it was very dreamy and romantic – it was perfect for dancing the night away. It was important for me that I was able to move around in the dress, and the soft tulle material of the dress made moving around effortless. A beautiful, romantic dress that is comfortable and easy to move around in!
The tulle made the dress float, and turned out great in pictures since it had a very “soft” look. There is boning throughout the bust which gives shape and structureto the chest area for less busty girls. The draping around the neckline also helps give a little more structure and adds an element of interest with the different texture to the top. The classic sweetheart neckline is just deep enough to flatter and narrow the shoulder area. The dress is A-line shaped, which is flattering and slimming to any body shape.
I bought the dress from a wedding boutique in NYC. My wedding was held in upstate new york in May 2014 – I wore the dress for both the ceremony and reception. The ceremony was outdoors, but on paved ground (so no dirt) and the reception was held indoors.
Please note that in the pictures, I am wearing a belt, which was something I bought separately and does not come with the dress. I will not be selling the belt with this dress.
- Alterations: Dress was altered on the bottom to fit someone that is 5'7" in height with heels. I also added a built in bra into the top of the dress so that I would not have to wear a separate bra with the dress. I am a 36B. The dress I bought was a size 12 but it was taken in to a 27" waist. The original dress was very "poufy" and I had the seamstress remove one layer of crinoline. As you can see from the pictures, the dress is still very ballgown and flattering in shape, just slightly more understated in poufiness. Lastly, I added a bustle to the dress, which is easily done with buttons. One of the pictures shows what the bustled version looks like.
- Preservation Method: The dress is stored in its original packaging, with an inner layer to protect the fabric and outer plastic garment bag to protect against the elements/rain. The dress went straight from the reception back into the packaging. There is some minor dirt on the bottom of the dress and a bit of foundation on the inside of the attached built in bra, but overall the dress is in great condition. The inside layer also has a few stitches that are loose along the edge of the hem, but this is easily fixed and also is on the inside layers only so will not show. I was only outside for a total of maybe 30 minutes and the remainder of the 6 hours I spent in the dress was indoors in a restaurant, so there was only mild wear and tear.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.