I thought I wanted a keyhole back…and at the very last minute, the sweet old lady who was fitting me said she had a hunch about a dress. She returned with this Lillian West dress (a new line from Justin Alexander) they had for a trunk show preview and I was smitten.
Because it was just a preview trunk show, they were worried it wouldn’t be available in time for my wedding, but they came through & it was wonderful.
It is lacy.
It has buttons ALL THE WAY DOWN THE DRESS!
It has a sparkly belt included & attached!
It has straps!
It is not crazy heavy like a lot of poofy dresses are.
It is so so glamorous & classic.
It’s not blindingly white– it has a sort of vintagey antique feel to it.
Writing about it makes me wish I could wear it everyday!
I never thought I really wanted a train, but the train on this dress was subtle and perfect.
We got married at the Boathouse in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park & it was a magical, fun, amazing day.
Please send me an email if you’d like additional photos or have any questions!
- Alterations: The shoulders straps were shortened slightly, but otherwise, I can't remember any alterations being done! I am 5'8" and wore pretty serious heels (4"-ish), so no alterations were done to the hem. Padded cups were sewn in (I didn't want to have to find a bra that had a low back-- the sheer lace in the back of the dress is pretty low), but they were removed when the dress was cleaned. I am happy to include them for you if you'd like to use them! They have been cleaned, too. The dress has great structure & was very supportive on its own (I am a full 34D), and the cups just ensured a nice shape.
- Preservation Method: Dress has been dry cleaned by the Wedding Dress Preservation Company. I purchased their "Supreme" package for $330. I opened the box upon receipt to ensure the dress not damaged while it was cleaned. The belt was removed and sewn back on during the cleaning process (to protect the beadwork).
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.