It was a rainy Manhattan evening when I rushed over to the Mark Ingram sample sale. I truly didn’t expect to find anything, but in the 2 hours I sat there, most of it was spent justifying the $1600 I was about to spend… Far out of my budget. The tag on the dress said original retail was $4750 (ha) so that helped (I was saving over 3k!)
Bust – 35″ @ apex
Waist – 28″
Hip – 40″
Height – 5’9″ flat footed, 5’11″ with wedding shoes
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 8
- Bust: 34B (about 35" at apex)
- Waist: 28"
- Hips: 40"
- Height with Shoes: 5'9" (5'11" w/ heels)
- Alterations: The dress was strapless, but I knew I wanted cap sleeves... This was before the cap-sleeve mania that is today's wedding dress retail scene (way, way back in 2008). It took forever to track down the exact imperiali silk satin the dress was constructed from, and 1 yard of it cost almost $100, but Marie, my Michigan high priestess of Couture (formerly of the Paris atelier of Pierre Cardin in the 1970's!) crafted gorgeous, bias-cut cap sleeves that fit like a dream. You would never know they were additions, but I'm sure you could remove them if you like. She also nipped in the waist and bust of the dress to fit - the measurements provided are the measurements of the dress as it is now. She also added snaps so that my Wacoal corset (size 34B) attached to the inside of the dress, and did up an under-bustle. One of the bustle loops is broken, but I'm sure you will have to have your own alterations and can have it hemmed/bustled to your height with shoes.
- Color: Ivory, Metallic
- Silhouette: Aline
- Material: Embellishment, Lace, Satin, Silk
- Neckline: Cap Sleeve
- Condition: Sample
- Preservation Method: For gown preservation I used: http://myweddinggownpreservation.com/ Not the fanciest but it did the job.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Owner Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.