The “wow” factor of this dress is the gorgeous lace, which is in rich detail and very elegant. The cut/shape of the dress also doesn’t hurt–it is very flattering. The dress has a classic, romantic feel but is also foxy. Despite being all-lace, the dress is not heavy and it moves very easily. There is boning in the torso for support, but it is not uncomfortable or poke-y. It’s in excellent condition with no tears or stains–looks new.
I’m the original owner and can provide all original sales and alterations receipts. It was worn once, in July 2014. Our wedding and reception were at the same venue and all indoors on a hard wood floor (except for ~30 minutes of photos on a balcony).
I’ll throw in the veil, by Sara Gabriel (style: Mackenzie) for free.
You will love this dress so much that you will be willing to pay full retail price for it–seriously, that just happened. Someone was going to buy it from me this weekend but first made an appointment at a bridal shop several hours away from her home to see it in person and try it on to be sure that she liked it enough to commit to buying it from me–and then she ended up loving it so much that she decided to pay full retail price that day at the shop rather than wait to receive mine in the mail and then confirm that it was as I had advertised.
Also, I don’t know why different bridal shops are charging different retail prices for this dress, but this one really is Romona Keveza Legends L502 (from 2014 Spring collection). Seems like I paid a lower retail price in June 2014 than is offered by many bridal shops in Winter 2014 (mysterious, but you save even more).
- Label Size: 6
- Street Size: 2
- Bust: 34
- Waist: 26
- Hips: 34-35
- Height with Shoes: 5'9
- Alterations: Shortening the length to suit me at 5'6" tall, wearing 3" heels. Bra cups sewn in, so no need to wear a bra. Hips taken in ~1.5" (from designer's 36"; the bust and waist were not adjusted, so those remain the designer's size 6). Minor adjustments to the lace on the upper back so that the lace on the back lays flat when the cap sleeves rest on top of the shoulders (as opposed to the cap sleeves hanging off to the sides). Three buttons and loops added for a bustle. The portion of the liner that sat beneath the train was removed so that the liner is now symmetrical and does not stand between the chapel-length lace train and the floor (now the train rests directly on the floor and its gorgeous detail really stands out against a contrasting floor--hopefully you can see that in some of the photos). I realized later that this made moving in the dress *so much easier*, because otherwise you must add two bustles (one for the liner and one for the dress), with so much more fabric bunched around the back of the lower legs. Dancing would have been severely inhibited, which was not an option for me.
- Color: White
- Silhouette: Trumpet
- Material: Lace
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Classic
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: Dry cleaned (not preserved). It's in excellent condition with no tears or stains--looks new.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: San francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.