Want to look like Audrey Hepburn on your wedding day? This is the dress for you!!!
This gown may look simple from the pictures, but it really is so much more than that. Frankly, it is hard to put into words! The quality of this dress is what gives it pizazz, and, its what makes it stand out from all the rest. Made in Milan Italy from molded mikado silk, the dress is structured enough to keep everything in place, but comfortable enough to move effortlessly. It has a classic and timeless elegance to it, but modern in its architectural shape and clean lines. The top/bust area has some slight ruching/textural detail. The back is scooped with a zipper closure, finished with a trail of buttons to conceal the zipper.
Designer: Le Spose di Gio
Waistline: Princess seams*
Attachments: Full train with bow (removable with hook and eye)**
About Mikado Silk
Mikado weave creates a beautiful subtle sheen with light-catching highs and lows adding sophisticated surface interest to this elegant, crisp, and well-structured fabric. Silk Mikado has a unique lustrous quality and a superior, refined texture. It is made in Italy using the finest silk fibers available. This material can withstand frequent movement/travel/etc without wrinkling.
*Princess seams help to slenderize your frame, which makes this gown suitable for most body types. In my case, I am slim and straight so this gown helped define my body and add shape.
**Gown can be purchased without the train for a reduced fee.
- Label Size: 4
- Street Size: 2
- Height with Shoes:
- Alterations: The gown has had minimal alternations. It been taken in slightly on the sides (reducing the dress size from a Italian 40 to a US 2). The dress has been configured for a french bustle**. The bottom of the dress received minor hemming in order to accommodate a bride who is 5'5 (+ 2 inch heels). Hem can be let out if necessary. Breast cups were inserted and secured in place for additional support. All alternations were made by a highly experienced dress maker. ** Instructions on how to properly bustle the dress can be provided.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Trumpet
- Material: Silk
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Classic, Glamorous, Modern
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: This gown is in EXCELLENT CONDITION, only worn once. No spills or spots made to the dress - ever! The dress has been professionally cleaned by hand since worn. The dress has been handled with extreme care due to the delicacy of the material. After cleaning, the dress was hand pressed then stuffed using acid-free tissue to maintain its shape. It is currently hanging in a specialty fabric garment bag (no plastic) in a safe place away from any sunlight, dust, handling, etc. - it is just waiting to make its next appearance! The dress has only been worn once and can be packaged and shipped according to your preferences.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Baltimore, MD
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.