I loved my wedding dress! It’s an incredibly flattering design that accents your figure with gauzy embroidery on the bodice and slight ruching at the waist. The skirt continues in lace with more embroidery all around the bottom. All silk (so much more comfortable and breathable than the polyester linings in most dresses). Wedding dress shopping was so hard given my curvy shape, I splurged on the custom dress and felt so beautiful that day, now I hope someone else can feel beautiful in it too. I guessed what the street size might be but for reference on the real size, here are my physical measurements: 46″ bust (widest point),38″ under bust, 38″ waist, 46.5″ hips. I’m 5’7″ tall and wore 3 inch heels. (I’m sure you’ll need to adjust the dress for you, but it should be easy for a good seamstress to modify.) I wore it with the lace straps that Modern Trousseau made for me for the ceremony and then wore it strapless for the dinner and dancing – see photos. (And I’ve never worn a strapless dress that fit me so well!) Purchased at Hitched Salon in Washington, DC.
- Alterations: Dress was made custom for me with three small alterations from the original design: the sweetheart bust line was raised a bit to give me a little more coverage, the train was shortened to just pool behind me without as much length dragging behind, and detachable lace straps were created. The straps attach by snaps. The seamstress added buttons and loops for a three-point bustle (though one loop fell off during the first dance).
- Preservation Method: Dress has been professionally dry cleaned (receipt available) and preserved in the garment bag that came with it from the designer. Note that there are a couple of small flaws that you (or your seamstress) could fix easily. The straps and the lace of the dress have tiny tears in a few places from big hugs and people stepping on my dress. Nothing large and nothing noticeable except for one strap that needs to have a small tear stitched closed. I couldn't even find them again when I looked but I had noticed a few tiny spots where the lace had pulled away from the seam (for example) when I took the dress off that night. Also, one of the stays in the dress came through the fabric on one side so it's poking out under the right arm - it needs to be sewn down.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.