I purchased this ivory dress in a small bridal boutique in Providence, Rhode Island in 2012. I had tried on dozens of dresses before this one and was pretty discouraged. I didn’t think I would be thrilled with this dress, but the owner of the boutique insisted that I try this one on. I had never heard of “Karelina Sposa” but tried to be optimistic. I couldn’t have felt more beautiful than I did in this gown! I love the dropped waist and the asymmetrical organza ruffles. It had just enough detail without having too much bling. The “wow” factor came when the back was laced up and the shoulder strap was hooked in. I thought I was looking for a sheath dress with no train, and I ended up with this breathtaking, ruffled, light-weight organza gown with a fabulous train.
- Alterations: I am about 5'7" and wore 1/2 inch wedge shoes and a petticoat. I did not need to alter the length of the dress at all. I had the dress taken in on the sides from the lower hip up to the armpit area. The dress has a corset style closure which was reassuring - you can make it as tight or as loose as you wish. I bought it off the rack in a size 12 and I am a street size 4-6. My seamstress also added a bustle that has six buttons. I bought the dress with the option to remove the shoulder strap, but I elected to have a button sewn in so it could fasten and unfasten just as easily.
- Preservation Method: My dress is currently being stored in a dry area in my home, inside the original hanging gown bag that I purchased at the time I acquired the dress. I have not had the dress cleaned at this time, but will do so if I receive an offer for the purchase of the dress.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Wilbraham, MA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.