A beautiful, elegant dress! This is an original Jim Hjelm wedding gown
(Style # JH8708) purchased from Kleinfelds in New York City. The
outfit is actually two pieces: the ivory lace wrap-around jacket comes
off and the ivory satin dress appears from underneath with a V
neckline, a very low back, and thin sleeveless straps. The dress has a
lace overlay at the hem, which matches the lace jacket. I wore the
jacket during my wedding ceremony and then took it off, and bustled
the bottom of the dress, for the reception. It was almost like wearing
two different dresses! I received many compliments on how gorgeous the
dress was. It was also very comfortable to wear, and even to dance in.
The dress is trumpet or mermaid shaped, meaning that it is fitted at
the waist and hips and then gradually flares out at the bottom. This
shape is elongating and is really flattering on petite brides. I felt
like a princess on my wedding day, and I hope that I can pass my dress
on to another bride who will feel just as special.
- Alterations: I had the dress fitted at the alterations department of Kleinfelds, where they did a very professional job. I also had the seamstress sew-in bra cups so that I didn't have to wear a bra. The back is so low that wearing a bra would be difficult. I am 5ft-2in tall and I wore 2.5in heels. It would be difficult to alter the hem again because of the lace overlay.
- Preservation Method: I only wore the dress for a few hours at my wedding, and it is in very, very good shape. I also had it professionally dry cleaned after my wedding to ensure its cleanness.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.