I literally tried on too many dresses for my own good, but as soon as I slipped into this Modern Trousseau dress I fell in love with its simplicity and romance. Such a classic, beautiful dress with delicate lace – it is absolutely breathtaking and everyone commented on how elegant it looked on our wedding day. I purchased the dress at a sample sale at Hitched in Georgetown for $1500, but then immediately spent over $2000 on additional alterations (resizing from a size 10, fixed some of the lace, redid the back straps) – hence the original price set at $3500, but still more affordable than a new Modern Trousseau dress. The dress was altered to a street size 4-6 (size 4 waist, size 6 bust, bra size 34C). It was hemmed to a 5’9.5” height (my height) so that I could wear flats, with the dress just touching the floor in the front. If you are shorter it will be a perfect length for heels! Note that the back of the dress is not the typical keyhole opening as in most Trousseau Jessica dresses, but I preferred to have simple straps and a low back. I don’t recall the actual name of the color for the lace or the underlying satin, but it is more of an ivory/off-white color and looks just like it does in the pictures I’ve uploaded. The sash appearing in the photos did not come with the dress, but I had it custom made on etsy and can include it with the purchase if you’re interested. I am located in Washington, DC and any interested brides-to-be that are seriously considering purchasing it are welcome to try it on first, but I would definitely prefer selling it locally so that you can see it in person before buying.
- Alterations: The gown was purchased at a sample sale, so significant alterations were made to make sure it hugged all the right curves to fit a street size 4-6 (size 4 waist, size 6 bust, bra size 34C). It was hemmed to a 5’9.5” height so that I could wear flats. Note that the back of the dress is not the typical keyhole opening as in most Trousseau Jessica dresses, but rather simple straps with a lower back. While I do not have the original receipt, if authenticity is a concern I am sure I can receive a copy of the receipt or at least a verification of purchase from Hitched in Georgetown.
- Preservation Method: I wore the dress for about 10 hours on the day of our wedding (early June 2014), then stored it in a garment bag (not preserved) since I was intending on selling it soon after our wedding. It looks great after an evening of dancing and celebrating (no tears or food stains, just darker colored on the bottom parts that hit the floor) – and could use a decent dry cleaning before wearing, but other than that won’t need much if the size is right!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Washington, DC
- Will Ship to: Pickup Only
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.