On my wedding day, I wanted to feel like a princess. However, since I am plus sized, I had to be very careful with the type and style of dress which I purchase. I tried on over 200 dresses. I went all over Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin looking at dressed. I guess you could say I was a little bit of a crazy bride. The first time I saw this dress, I knew it was the one. I loved it from the second I saw it. It was perfect, and I could envision myself in it. It had everything I wanted, lace and a little bit of shimmer, as well as the beautiful princess feel.
The dress has layers of tulle and a layer of sequins. Over the layer of sequins is the top layer of tulle with the beautiful flower appliques. One of the things I loved most about this dress was the layer of sequins. It creates a beautiful shimmer effect, which is very elegant and not overwhelming.
The dress is absolutely beautiful and I felt like a princess the entire day! I love my dress and I hope that this dress can bring someone the happiness which it has brought me!
*Please note, except the pictures from our wedding day, all other pictures are from AFTER the wedding.
**Please note, plus size gowns cost extra, therefore my retail price was higher than it would be for a “regular” sized bride.
*** Wedding veil also for sale.
- Alterations: Breathtaking tulle and sequin ball gown with lace appliques, custom designed tulle straps and sweetheart neckline. Includes an attached tulle belt featuring handmade flowers and a lace motif. Finished with zipper over inner corset and button closure. I ordered the dress and had it professionally altered in order to be more flattering for a plus size bride. I took about an inch off the length (I am 5' 5"). Since I was a plus size bride, I added some material in the top chest area so that it provided a more modest coverage (meaning less cleavage). Additionally, I did not like the spaghetti straps with which this dress came, so I took out the straps and added tulle straps, which can be fanned out for better arm coverage (which any plus size knows is a great and very flattering feature). If you are a plus size bride, this dress is extremely flattering! It hides all the right things and with the small alterations I made, the dress is even more figure flattering. The alterations were done in Chicago at a known couture bridal shop, because I wanted to make sure that whoever touched the dress knew exactly what they were doing (yes, I was one of those brides!). Additionally, the dress has two bustles. The underneath bustle (the satin layer) is a French bustle, and the outside layer (which consists of the tulle and the sequins layers) is a traditional ballroom bustle.
- Preservation Method: The dress is in outstanding condition. During the day of the wedding I was very careful with my dress. I love it so much and it would have broken my heart to see my beautiful dress dirty or torn. Immediately after the wedding I paid $200 to have the dress professionally dry cleaned.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Downers Grove, IL
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.