When I was dress shopping, I said absolutely no tulle and no sparkle! Then I saw this dress in the window of Charlotte’s, and I had to try it on. As soon as it came into the room, I couldn’t stop smiling. It made me feel so beautiful. This dress was an absolute joy to wear, and I wish that same joy for the next beautiful bride who finds this dress as delightful as I did.
The dress is a tulle ball gown with a slightly dropped waist. The train is chapel length and adds a little extra drama to the already breath-taking custom bustle my seamstress did (see alterations description). The top is comprised of soft taffeta flowers with small diamond beads in the center. It’s not too flashy, but it will catch the light while you’re dancing and add a little bit of sparkle to your night. You will feel like a princess.
- Alterations: The dress was was altered to about a size 14. I am 5'8" and was about 190 pounds at my wedding; my measurements were: Bust: 36" Waist: 34" Hips: 40" My seamstress is well-known for her unique bustles, and she put an exquisite one on this dress. Each layer of tulle pulls up in a delicate swag (think Bell's gold dress), and for the reception, the train tucks up for dancing. My seamstress added a sleeve in the underskirt for a removable hoop that makes the dress light to wear and easy to walk in. The hoop is optional, and is adjustable; a bigger hoop will bring the dress up a few inches if it's too long. My seamstress also added boning to the bodice for a more flattering fit, and she altered the neckline to a delicate sweetheart.
- Preservation Method: I had an outdoor wedding, but the cleaners did a nice job getting the dirt off the satin underskirt. The tulle did not get dirty. I had to re-sew some of the flowers to the bodice, and some at the top will need a more careful ironing when you send it to be pressed. The dress was cleaned June 2014 and is preserved in a thick plastic hanger bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Buffalo, MN
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.