I bought this dress at Belle Bridal Salon in Austin, Tx. I chose Maggie Sottero because my research said she had awesome dresses for broad shoulders. I am a CrossFit coach and competitive athlete, so my shoulders are broader than most. I have a small waist and hips, so I fell in love with this dress because it fit my figure perfectly. It really showed off the definition in my back and my full figure before it got flowery/puffy at the bottom.
I got married at Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore of Oahu. I wore the dress for the ceremony and reception. The ceremony was in the grass right next to the ocean, and the reception was at the pavilion right next to where the ceremony was held. It was beautiful!
- Alterations: When I bought the dress it was a size 6. I got it taken in on the sides and taken up in the front so I could walk without tripping over it. In the end, its probably more like a 4. The corset back is amazing though! You can tighten it or loosen it so it fits perfectly. The bow was originally light pink, but I got it switched to navy because that was our color. I also got the train and bow bustled. There are 3 small stitches under the dress that you just have to pull through and hook onto the 3 buttons near the butt. There is also a hook on each end of the bow that can be attached to a stitch about half way up the ribbon.
- Preservation Method: I got married on 11/23/13 and dropped the dress off at the cleaners when I got back. It is getting throughly cleaned right now!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Austin, TX
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.