I fell in love with the Watters Jacinda dress the first time I saw it. It’s so light and airy, the skirt is so flowy and soft and the details on the bodice and the back are gorgeous. It’s really comfortable and easy to wear. I loved that it’s a bit different from most other wedding dresses, but still feels very “bridal”.
This dress is white with a white slip.
Description from the Watters website:
Hand-beaded soft netting and a stretch silk charmeuse slip dress
Bateau Italian illusion net neckline with pearl buttons and loops to top of waist
Double faced satin waistband covered with netting at natural waist
Soft netting paneled skirt
Stretch silk charmeuse slip dress underneath
I bought the dress at Lovely Bride in NYC in June 2013. I can provide a copy of the receipt and photos of the tags. I still have the extra beads that came with the dress too.
I am about 5’4-5’5 (and wore 4.5inch heels on my wedding day), 115-120lbs, street size 4-6. The measurements of the dress are 13 inches from the top of the shoulder to the top of the waistband, and about 44.5 inches from the top of the waistband to the bottom of the dress.
NOTE: Because of the delicate netting used in the skirt, the very bottom of the dress looks a little worn, even after it’s been cleaned. This dress would be best for somebody who needs to hem it – even just cutting off 1/2 inch would work.
- Alterations: No alterations were made to the fit of the dress. Alterations cost $200 total, and include: (1) Hemmed to floor length (I'm 5'4 1/2 and wore 4.5inch heels). (2) Changed the straps on the slip from white to clear - this way you don't see a white line from the slip over your shoulder and down your back. The clear straps are also a little sticky so they stay in place better. Easy to change to white if you prefer. (3) Cups sew in (since you can't wear a bra with the dress). (4) My seamstress sewed the slip to the outer layer of the dress at the waist - this made the dress easier to put on/off and kept the two pieces from sliding around once it was on. (5) I loved the look of the small train that came with the dress, but it was impossible to figure out how to bustle it because of the delicate material of the skirt. Instead, I had the dress cut to floor length and my seamstress created a detachable train out of the same material. It attached at the waist with tiny hook-and-eye closures, giving me the train I wanted when I walked down the aisle, and then I could easily remove it after the ceremony so that nobody stepped on it. The dry cleaners removed the little loops that attached the train to the dress, but they'd be easy to add if you're interested. The train has been dry cleaned and I can provide that along with the dress. NOTE: I included a picture where you can see the back of the dress on me - you can see where the train attached (again, its easily attached/removed), as well as the effect of the clear straps - without them, you'd see the white lines from the straps going over my shoulder and down my back.
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally dry cleaned and is being stored hanging up, in the garment bag it came in.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.