This dress was purchased from Marry and Tux Bridal Salon Spring 2013 and worn for my wedding in Gloucester, MA August 2013. I am quite particular about quality and style and as soon as I touched this dress and tried it on I knew it had surpassed the 100s I had tried on during my weekend trips to NYC – and for half of the price. The only comparable lace quality I had seen was on a dress I fell in love with for $8,000 and I knew I wanted to put that extra money towards my guests and not my dress.
The color is a gorgeous warm ivory gold. My venue was an indoor Inn but we had a photo shoot along the ocean and the outside light really captures the interesting antique look of the ivory and gold.
The style of the dress has been described as “Strapless satin and illusion modified mermaid gown with sweetheart neckline, scalloped re-embroidered lace bodice with Empire waistline, matching scalloped lace hemline, chapel length train.”
Please send an email if you would like additional photos of the scalloping of the lace at the bottom, I could only attach 3 images in this listing.
As hard as it is parting with your wedding dress I just hope that someone can enjoy it and feel as beautiful in it as I did that day;)
- Alterations: The dress was altered to the below measurements: Bust: 33 1/2 Waist: 26 Hips: 36 I am 5'8 and wore 3in wedges and the length was perfect so no alteration was done on the dress length. A clear button bustle was added to the back of the dress as shown in the photo. I was thanking my wonderful tailor for this throughout the evening for walking comfort and it also allowed me to keep the dress in pristine condition. This has a loop that is easily undone allowing the dress to become full length at anytime.
- Preservation Method: The dress was taken the day after the wedding by my mother to have it professionally cleaned and restored as hung with the cardboard bust and plastic wrap as seen in the photo. The dress has been hung at her home undisturbed since then in the original Marry and Tux garment bag.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Boston, MA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.