I loved this dress immediately and splurged. I got married last August and am finally getting around to selling it. The dress is a super light silk chiffon. The skirt skims the hip softly, but is actually patterned to be more than a full circle skirt so it moves and sways BEAUTIFULLY! The beading is a seed pearl and crystal onto an english net and then put over the top of a silver lame’ fabric and it truly glows at night when there is dim lighting. It was a delight to wear! It breathes very well.
- Alterations: I had this dress taken in quite a lot, because I got so sick. I was told that it alters very easily, my seamstress took all my alterations out of the back because it doesn't really have side seams and it would have been much more complicated. This did mean that we had to adjust the way the straps cross in the back. If you google the original dress they cross more in the center. Mine, as shown below crosses much higher. I did not bustle the gown because it doesn't need it. It has a very small train. I am 6' tall, we did not cut any off the hem and I wore flat shoes. The beading is also very easy to alter, it is a actually beaded onto netting, so the netting can be peeled back and the straps/waist band can be altered without having to rebead. My waist at that time was down to about a 25" waist and my bust was a 34D. I don't remember my hip size, but it is a very full skirt, so that shouldn't matter as much :) Oh! Also! There is no "label size", I don't know why, maybe the store or the seamstress took it out, so I just made it the same as the street size. Maybe they took it out because of all the alterations and they didn't think it was an accurate representation?
- Preservation Method: We had it cleaned by a local dry cleaners after, and then put it back in the gown bag we got when we bought it and it has hung on it's hanger straps since August of 2013. The hem is a little dirty, but unless you're as tall as I am you would probably be cutting that off anyways, no make up or stains to speak of. I was extremely careful because I knew I wanted to sell the gown. I'd be happy to send photos of both upon request, but since I can only put up three photos I wanted to show the actual dress instead of boring pictures like those.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.