I purchased my dress in San Francisco (I have the original Vera Wang tags). It is absolutely beautiful and I could not have asked for a better fit. The Chantilly lace is layered (11 times!) and the layered lace train makes an amazing statement when you walk down the aisle. I wore this dress in an outdoor vineyard wedding but it would also be absolutely perfect for an upscale ballroom or hotel wedding indoors as well — it’s just that classic and timeless. You can read about it on the Vera Wang “Behind the Dress” series here: http://www.verawang.com/veraunveiled/2011/12/behind-the-dress-hilary/. I can’t speak highly enough of the quality and the structure, and I wish that I could thank Vera herself for making me feel so wonderful on my special day. I sincerely hope that it can make someone else as happy as I did (and for a fraction of the retail price!).
- Alterations: I ended up purchasing a sample, which was a bridal size 8. I am a street size 2, and the lovely ladies entrusted to work on these designer gowns made it fit like a glove. You can see from the photos that the shape/fit/integrity of the design was completely preserved. I altered the neckline to a soft sweetheart from the original strapless design. I also added my own beaded belt (not sold with the dress -- but so easy to make/purchase separately), as I loved the photos of some of the ladies from the Vera Wang blog who had done so with the Hilary dress. I am 5'8 (and wore 3-inch heels), so the length of the dress is preserved if you are tall.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been cleaned by a local dress cleaner who specializes in wedding dresses. It looks brand new and has no spots/stains of any kind. I am happy to send more photos to show different angles if desired.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Walnut Creek, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.