I bought this dress at White in Montreal, Quebec. It is an original Monique Lhuillier set. The dress is actually 2 pieces, the top is the Valentine Top (lace over silk cami) and the bottom is the Heaven Skirt (tulle with silk lining). I wore it at my wedding on April 19th, 2014, at our Vermont wedding. It is beautiful, unique and timeless. It is also very comfortable as the skirt has a silk lining and the tulle is very light weight. The top could easily be altered as it has a clasp closing and it can be moved to make it bigger or smaller. I can send more pictures upon request.
- Alterations: It was originally a wedding dress size 10, and I had it altered down to about a street size 2. The top was also brought in and clasps were moved to close to fit my body just right. The clasps could easily be moved without having to alter the garment. I am 5'7" and the dress was shortened so that I could wear flats. The dress just barely touched the ground as I walked. A bustle was also added for dancing. They are 3 very discrete silk buttons that are not noticeable in the tulle when the dress is down.
- Preservation Method: It was dry cleaned at a very reputable local place shortly after the wedding. They also pressed it. The dress will steam very easily and does not need to be professionally pressed after purchasing. It was muddy the day of my wedding, so from walking around there is a faint stain on the inside of the lining, which is not visible at all when being worn. There are also a few small rips in the tulle, but there are many layers of tulle so it is very difficult to find where they are and they are not visible either. I can send detailed pictures of these if you would like to see.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Burlington, VT
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.