This glamourous, statement gown was perfect for my springtime, outdoor, beach formal, destination wedding. I hope it brings you as much joy!
As a short bride (5′ 2 1/2″ without shoes) who is self-conscious about her lack of an hourglass figure, I found that this dress’ fitted silhouette best complemented my shape and the skirt’s gradual flare did not artificially shorten me. The dress has internal boning, creating structure and security despite the strapless neckline and my D-sized chest.
My dress requirements were (1) dance-floor ready (check!) and (2) striking, glamourous, and fun (did you see the skirt?!). This dress met both requirements.
The unanticipated benefit to this dress was that because of the bold skirt and bodice detail, the look needed little accessorizing. Simple, sparse pops of sparkle completed the look (and saved me money on accessories).
I ordered a hollow-to-hem, all-ivory build of the dress with an opaque back (other variations of the Babs have a transparent back and ombre coloring).
So, although the label size was a 12, the hips and bust were closer to a label size 6 or 8.
I purchased this Hayley Paige dress at Haute Bride in Los Gatos, CA in August of 2013.
ivory, silk organza, mermaid silhouette, train, bustle, internal boning, sweetheart neckline, bodice detail, organza flowers, sculptural
from the site:
- Label Size: 12
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 34 D
- Waist: 29.5
- Hips: 37.4
- Height with Shoes: 5' 6 1/2
- Alterations: I ordered an all-ivory, hollow-to-hem build of the dress with an opaque back. The hem was built for my height--5'2 1/2"--with 4" heels. The dress has internal boning and I found no need to add cups (even though I am a D). The dress was then tailored down to my measurements (the tailoring was isolated to bringing in the hips): bust: 34 D waist: 29.5" hips: 37.4" height with shoes: 5' 6 1/2" Bustle was added by wedding-specialist seamstress. PLEASE NOTE: *One of the bustle ties broke off on the dance floor (no damage to the gown). It should be an easy alteration. *I cut the hanger loops off the dress on the wedding day so that I would not have to worry about them sticking out. You can add them back on.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Mermaid
- Material: Organza, Silk
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Beach, Classic, Corset, Floral, Glamorous
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: My dress was worn for 8 hours on one day, has laid flat since the wedding, and was just sent to an eco-friendly dry cleaner to be cleaned, packed, and preserved (6.29.14).
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.