I bought this dress as a store sample for my wedding last July, in excellent condition (retail $4100). Worn for fittings and about 2 hours for indoor church ceremony and photos before I changed to the reception dress. It’s a beautiful, classic dress, and I loved the tiny buttons (make sure you have a friend or relative with good fingers to button it up!).
Measurements are bust 36, waist 29, flows out at the hips. I’m 5’4″, was about 132 lbs at the last fitting, and wore it with 2 1/2-inch heels.
- Alterations: Since it was a floor sample, it started out extra long - I had it shortened (all of the layers - I think there were 4...), satin scallop trim reattached, neckline and cap sleeves smoothed out, waist taken in. Total alterations were about $950 (my current asking price!). I didn't add a bustle, but that would be an option if you plan to wear it for longer than just the ceremony and want to walk around in it.
- Preservation Method: Has been professionally cleaned and boxed, so I haven't seen it since it was worn, but it went directly from the wedding to a hanger to the cleaner. Hem was a little dusty, but the cleaner should have taken care of that with no trouble. Other than going from the dressing area to the church, has only been worn inside in an air-conditioned space.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner:
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.