Over $10,800 in original value! This purchase includes my $8900 Georgina gown, Vera Wang chapel-length veil ($500; style #vwcil; pictured), Vera Wang sash ($497; style #11a1912; ivory; pictured), and $945 museum-quality preservation (with a lifetime return to any participating Wedding Gown Specialist who will inspect and press the gown at no charge)
I truly loved my wedding gown and could not be any happier with my choice. This is a Vera Wang Luxe Georgina wedding dress that is used, but entirely preserved (see “details”). It is an ivory gown that has a modified-mermaid silhouette, featuring a beautiful sweep train. This gown is strapless with Chantilly Shadow Lace, French Alencon Lace, Silk Organza, and Tulle. It is beautiful for nearly every occasion, as it is the perfect balance of traditional and modern. The lace detailing is elegantly subtle, as the chantilly shadow and french alencon laces are layered and beneath the tulle and silk organza, which really creates a beautiful softening effect on the lace. The horsehair bands help to soften the mermaid silhouette, while maintaining a nice, modern structure. I was in this dress all day and night and could not have been more comfortable. It is a very nice balance between being a gown, but is far from overwhelming and very easy to move around in. I simply cannot recommend this dress enough.
Visit VeraWang.com to be able to zoom in on these details: http://www.verawang.com/EN/wedding/bridal-collection/classics/1911-georgina-13
Because of the cost of the dress, all sales are final with the understanding that wear, tear, or staining could occur in the process of trying on and returning the dress. If you are in the Chicagoland area, I would be happy to meet with you to try the dress on in person.
- Label Size: 6
- Street Size: 2
- Bust: 34
- Waist: 26.5
- Hips: 37.5
- Height with Shoes: 59.5
- Alterations: Alterations done by Vera Wang Chicago were made to fit measurements detailed in listing; my weight is 125lbs and I am 5' 7" and wore 4" heels. Alterations were very slight to fit my bust, waist, and hips (taken in). Cups were added, but then removed for preservation. Includes bustle that buttons easily. I have seen some people alter the dress to be a sweetheart neckline or take out the volume in the back, which also look nice, but I did not do this; it's just nice to know it's an option.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Mermaid
- Material: Lace, Organza, Tulle
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Belt/Sash, Classic, Glamorous, Modern
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: $945 to have this dress museum-quality preservation by Davis Imperial Cleaners (recommended to me by Vera Wang Chicago). All snags or rips have been restored to original condition. All stains have been removed with the exception of some faint, gray discoloration from abrasion and embedded soil on the lining--nothing visible on the outside. The bottom band of horsehair was reinforced with stitching, as some slight tearing did happen from wear. The stitching is subtle and likely would be unnoticeable (as you can see, I wore the bottom band along the ground); I would be happy to send you a photo of the workmanship. If you were to have the dress shortened, this ribbon would likely be removed anyway. The veil also had some light tearing along the bottom, so some of the length was taken off during preservation, but not much. Storage box, tissue, fabric cover, and cotton gloves included. Most usefully, the dress comes with an international guarantee: Wedding Gown Specialists are represented in more than 500 cities around the world and offer a lifetime guarantee which gives you a 100% guarantee against sugar stains or yellowing of your gown. When your gown is to be worn again, just return it to any participating Wedding Gown Specialist who will inspect and press the gown at no charge! (https://weddinggownspecialists.com; no guarantees on whether this coverage is transferrable) The gown has been gently and completely hand ironed to perfection. It has been kept in a temperature-controlled and pet-free environment. MuseumCare™ Preservations Environmentally-Pure, Lasting Protection: Vacuum or plastic seals and other acidic materials damage gowns. The finished gown is placed in a 100% acid free archival quality wedding chest. The gown has been wrapped in pre-washed bleached muslin. The archival quality is of 100% acid free tissue paper, which is in all the folds of the gown to buffer any potential wrinkles. The dress (and accessories) is in its box, which is stored in a Treasured Memories muslin sleeve. Attached to every preservation are 100% white cotton gloves, allowing you to be able to touch and see the gown whenever you desire without damaging the dress.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Park Ridge, IL
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.