Simply put, nobody does wedding dresses like Vera Wang. The Georgina dress is the perfect balance of pure elegance and sophistication mixed with a bit of fun. The fitted bodice is accentuated by layers of tiered horse hair and lace at the bottom of the dress giving this dress the absolute “WOW” factor. This dress is not only figure flattering, but it will make you feel like a princess in every way. Vera Wang gowns are all hand crafted and made to order, so each dress is unique. I cannot tell you how many compliments I recieved on this dress. (note: the photos show a crystal ivory belt and a black grosgrain sash which are not attached to the dress and which are not included in the sale)
I am 5’10″, roughly 148 lbs. with a bust size of 34/36C.(I wore 2 inch Jimmy Choo heels with the dress)
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the dress or its condition (like-new). I have all of the original paperwork and receipt from Vera Wang as proof of original purchase and authenticity.
From Vera Wang’s blog (describing Georgina):
“The lace I’ve used in Georgina is very delicate. A base of Chantilly shadow lace acts as the canvas over which I’ve fused a bouquet of hand-cut flowers made of Alencon lace, for an added textural dimension. The shadow lace is articulated in a very modern pattern: rather than the traditional floral design of classic Chantilly, in Georgina you’ll find a delicate, spidery, circular web that spirals out. This circular, very linear design is much more unexpected.
This type of lace almost feels like tulle, with a bit of stretch, so it’s not as heavy. I find that it creates a fragility and a sleekness, as well as a little intrigue, so the bride will feel quite sexy wearing it. This is definitely not your grandmother’s lace! But even a delicate rose needs her moment of drama, and for that, I’ve added a flouncy, multi-tiered skirt, trimmed with horsehair, that bustles in the back. It really holds a strong, dynamic shape, almost a cage-like effect. It’s dramatic in the most elegant way possible. All this frothiness is balanced with a touch of tulle at the neckline, draped asymmetrically with a kind of purposeful disorder. It’s a very pretty softness and lightness right next to the skin that I just love. Georgina is perfect for the girl who really wants to show off her body and her shape, yet still have a bit of the grandeur of a ball gown. It’s her wedding day, after all. She deserves to feel fancy!”
See more at: http://www.verawang.com/veraunveiled/2011/06/behind-the-dress-georgina/#sthash.szZdfkzQ.dpuf
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 36C
- Waist: 29
- Height with Shoes: 5'10
- Alterations: No alterations have been done to this dress, it fit me perfectly straight from Vera Wang --- I did, however, have a french bustle put in by the Vera Wang alterations department which enables you to lift the bottom layers of the dress up off the floor to make dancing in this dress a bit easier. The buttons are well hidden in the under-layers of the dress and are clear, so if you choose not to bustle the dress no one would know that they are even there.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Fit to Flare
- Material: Lace, Tulle
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Classic, Glamorous
- Preservation Method: This dress has been professionally dry cleaned by the Vera Wang recommended cleaners in NYC and looks like new.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: New York City, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.