One of Vera Wang’s Bridal Collection Classics, the Georgia is a figure-flattering gown that is exceptionally elegant and timeless. This dress is sure to make any bride feel beautiful on her wedding day. I found Georgina at the Vera Wang bridal boutique on Madison Avenue in NYC on my first day of wedding dress shopping and instantly fell in love with it’s shape and the way that it fit me. The back of the dress is simply stunning with enough detail to be fun and modern but keeping in line with traditional Vera Wang couture. Our wedding as a formal black tie affair and this dress was lovingly worn with care and truly was the centerpiece of a spectaular day. I would note that the the photos show me wearing the dress with an ivory grosgrain sash with crystals on it and then a black, long 4″ grosgrain sash, both purchased from the Vera Wang bridal boutique and which are not included in this sale. The dress came with an ivory horsehair belt that matches the under layers of the gown (pictured in the Vera Wang runway photo), which has never been worn and which I am selling with this gown. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me a message and ask!
From Vera Wang’s Blog, describing Georgina:
“The lace I’ve used in Georgina is very delicate. A base of Chantilly shadow lace acts as the canvas over which I’ve fused a bouquet of hand-cut flowers made of Alencon lace, for an added textural dimension.
The shadow lace is articulated in a very modern pattern: rather than the traditional floral design of classic Chantilly, in Georgina you’ll find a delicate, spidery, circular web that spirals out. This circular, very linear design is much more unexpected. This type of lace almost feels like tulle, with a bit of stretch, so it’s not as heavy. I find that it creates a fragility and a sleekness, as well as a little intrigue, so the bride will feel quite sexy wearing it. This is definitely not your grandmother’s lace!
But even a delicate rose needs her moment of drama, and for that, I’ve added a flouncy, multi-tiered skirt, trimmed with horsehair, that bustles in the back. It really holds a strong, dynamic shape, almost a cage-like effect. It’s dramatic in the most elegant way possible. All this frothiness is balanced with a touch of tulle at the neckline, draped asymmetrically with a kind of purposeful disorder. It’s a very pretty softness and lightness right next to the skin that I just love.
Georgina is perfect for the girl who really wants to show off her body and her shape, yet still have a bit of the grandeur of a ball gown. It’s her wedding day, after all. She deserves to feel fancy!”
- Label Size: 8
- Street Size: 6
- Bust: 36C
- Waist: 29
- Height with Shoes: 5'10
- Alterations: This dress has had NO ALTERATIONS as it fit me perfectly and was made to order. At the time of my wedding, I was 5'10" and about 145-150lbs (I wore 2" heels with the dress and did not need to have it hemmed). I would note that I did have a french bustle put in which includes a few clear buttons in the under layers of the dress which enable you to lift the bottom of the dress off the floor. The bustle buttons are not visibe should you choose to leave the small train of the dress down, but I found it helpful to bustle the dress for dancing and walking around during the reception.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Fit to Flare
- Material: Lace, Tulle
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Classic, Glamorous
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method: This dress was professionally dry cleaned promptly following the reception by a reputable cleaner in the area and has no marks, defects or visibe wear and tear. It is in like-new condition.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: New York City, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.