I purchased this gown at the Vera Wang Flagship on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills this year. My wedding day was May 30, 2014. Gemma was 1 of 2 dresses that I wore on my wedding day. It received minimal use at the wedding and was worn at an indoor venue with wood flooring. I had extra rows of ruffles added to bring up the length of where the skirt begins above the knee ($500 for pattern change suggested by the Vera Wang staff) and to give it extra ruffles from Vera Wang directly (option at purchase, not done through alterations). I went with her color and this pattern change also gave it more of the look of Hillary Duff’s original Gemma gown.
This is a very rare champagne/blush color.. the most subtle and gorgeous of pinks! I was told that I had the first blush Gemma sold out of Vera Wang Los Angeles! I cannot even describe how beautiful and soft the color is in person. Please let me know if you have any questions.. I want her to go to a good home!
When trying on gowns, one thing that sold me on this dress was how wonderful it felt on. It is fully lined in the softest silk that just glides against your skin. It is very well constructed, but not constrictive. It looked better on than I had imagined!
In the words of Vera Wang, “There are so many beautiful aspects to the Gemma gown. Perhaps the most otherworldly element is the ethereal combination of French tulle and organza, something you wouldn’t expect in a gown with such a defined mermaid silhouette.. It’s an absolute celebration of volume that is meant to be very dramatic, with the fantasy of a ball gown and the sensuousness of a mermaid gown combined.”
Dress will come with original Vera Wang garment bag and hanger, along with certificate of authenticity.
- Alterations: Dress was altered at Vera Wang Rodeo Drive by the same seamstress that fit Hillary Duff! The cost of alterations was $600. No fabric was cut from the width or the length, all fabric remains in the gown and the bustle was hand sewn. It is seriously the most beautifully bustled dress ever! The dress was ordered in a size 8. I am a street size 6 in the hips, and a 2/4 in the chest and waist. Again, all fabric is still there from where it was taken in and shortened, nothing was removed.
- Preservation Method: The gown was immediately specialty cleaned and preserved in an acid free box and is ready to be worn! The cleaned and boxed dress is shown with the guarantee in a photo, along with the certificate of authenticity from Vera Wang.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.