Note, the dress does not come with the sash. More pictures will be available upon request.
Description taken from Vera Wang’s website:
There are so many beautiful aspects to the Gemma gown. Perhaps the most otherworldly element is the ethereal combination of French tulle and organza, something you wouldn’t expect in a gown with such a defined mermaid silhouette.
Still, this is a very soft mermaid: I didn’t want anything to be too rigid. We used bands of tulle, wrapping around the body like a swirling cyclone, and ending in bias-cut flanges, which are deconstructed, abstract blossoms in tissue organza: it’s the perfect storm. Inside these rosettes I’ve added what I call “blizzard beading”: hundreds of tiny little sequins scattered all around. Once the dress is in motion, you get the thrill of that subtle play between lights and darks, but in the form of rosy, feminine blooms.
Between the blossoms and the beading, there’s certainly a pageantry in the base of this gown. It’s an absolute celebration of volume that is meant to be very dramatic, with the fantasy of a ball gown and the sensuousness of a mermaid gown combined. If you desire even more drama, a bride might choose to add a sequined belt for just a little flicker of beading, to really highlight the waist. Combined with the shimmer of sequins in the cut blossoms of the skirt, it’s a very dynamic look from every angle.
Gemma is one of my more glamorous dresses, giving the bride something slender and sleek up top, and at the bottom the flash and splash of sequins and dynamic volume, for the ultimate wedding day spectacle.
Certificate of Authenticity comes with the dress. As well as VW wood hanger & dust bag.
Gorgeous Blush blizzard beading at the bottom.
- Alterations: All alterations was made directly from VW store. The dress was ordered in the 3" shortened version for an additional $350. No other alterations was necessary to the bodice. Push up cups has been added as well, however, they are removable if needed. There was a bustle that was added but remains hidden under the organza. If needed, it can be removed easily. No fabric was removed so you get to start fresh and get the gown fitted to your measurements.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been professional dry cleaned and ready to be shipped off. Or if you live in the bay area, we could meet as well.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: san francisco, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.