I’m selling my strapless, sweetheart, empire waist ball gown that I wore for my wedding ceremony this last July (I changed into a different reception dress). The dress does not have any stains, rips or tears. It is made from tissue taffeta, which is a taffeta with a matte finish to emulate raw silk. After searching through boutique gown shops and almost shelling out $2K, I saw this dress featured on a wedding blog (http://theknottybride.com/18783) and couldn’t believe the designer… David’s Bridal! I think it looks much more expensive (see the pic of the ruching on the bodice; sorry for the cleavage shot) and is super flattering on a petite figure (an empire waist ball gown is REALLY hard to find). Please note that I no longer have the bow detail that goes with the original dress – but I think most people take that off, anyway.
You can see more pics here: http://www.pinterest.com/gemmaileanne/ben-meg-7272013/. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me!
- Alterations: I spent $350 on alterations – but the alterations did not affect the sizing, as much as the function of the dress. I put in a French bustle, added silk buttons halfway down the back, and some structural reinforcement to help keep the strapless top from slipping (this was a HUGE improvement). I did take in the sides of the bodice by about ½”. Essentially, the dress fits like a true size 2 (not a bridal size 2). I did not hem the dress, so it will be completely customizable to your height. I’m only 5’1” – with an extra full petticoat and high heels it was still a little long. If interested, I am also selling the petticoat for $50.
- Preservation Method: The dress has been dry-cleaned and is now hanging in a closet (not smushed).
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Seattle, WA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.