Before I had even stepped foot into a bridal boutique, I knew I wanted to try this dress on. I saw it from a different wedding on Pinterest and just fell in love with it. When I read that it was from David’s Bridal and it was a reality that this dress could be mine, I scheduled an appointment immediately. I was so lucky the dress hadn’t been discontinued yet.
I only went to try on dresses two different times, months apart, and I tried on this one both times. It was the only one that made me smile and I felt like myself in out of all the dresses I tried on. Also, it was the only dress that made my mother cry!
It was the perfect dress for our country festival wedding we had at our grandparents’ farm in Wisconsin. Simple, but I still felt like a bride with all the volume of the dress. And it has POCKETS! It means so much to me and I hate to sell it, but I will be using the money to help pay for a DSLR camera, so I can capture and keep memories of my family for years to come.
*I can email more photos if you’d like.
- Alterations: The store model dress that I tried on was a 6, but was stretched out from everyone trying it on. I actually fell for buying the store model and it wasn't until I got home that I saw a ring of dirt around the bottom of the dress from everyone trying it on and walking around the store. I immediately returned it and ordered a brand new size 6 from the catalogue, but it was a little tight when I tried it on. So it is a 6, but was let out a little and is more accurately between a size 6 and 8. No matter what, you will most likely need to get it altered anyway to fit your body shape. I have a large rib cage and small waist, so a little uniquely formed than others I'll say!
- Preservation Method: The dress was purchased with cleaning and preservation kit through David's Bridal. The company is in Texas (if you absolutely need to know, I'll dig up the receipt) and my dress was cleaned, preserved and shipped back in a nice storage box (typical wedding dress box). I haven't even opened it since.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Madison, WI
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.