My mother purchased my wedding dress for me at Hannelore’s of Olde Town in Alexandria, VA. After trying on 5 different dresses, I, my mother, my sisters and my aunt fell in love with the 5th one! It was the perfect dress for my formal wedding and fit my romantic personality.
The dress is a gorgeous A-line, silk shantung, V-neck dress with a chapel length train. It has off-the-shoulder cap sleeves, and delicate floral detailing all along the neckline and sleeves, the bodice and the skirt. There is covered button detailing on the back (hidden zipper) with a custom bustle, and an underskirt. The silk shantung is a soft candlelight in color and the floral detailing is white.
Included is a teardrop-shaped, matching headpiece with 2 detachable veils that can be removed for the reception; one is a cathedral length veil and one is an elbow-length (blusher) veil, and a non-detachable fingertip veil. All 3 veils are customized with pearl and crystal beading throughout. The headpiece is stunning with an updo, curly bun or knot!
To the best of my recollection, I believe the gown designer is Galina. I have not opened the sealed box once it was preserved and can’t see the label.
- Alterations: It was a size 10 off the rack and custom fit by Hannelor's of Olde Town to my size (about an 8), with 2 1/2" heeled shoes (I'm 5'7" with no heels). I had a one point over bustle added to the back. The 3-tiered veil has custom pearl and crystal beading throughout.
- Preservation Method: My dress was worn once, then professionally cleaned and hermetically sealed shortly after the wedding day. The original seal has never been opened or punctured. The dress has been stored in a smoke-free and pet-free home in my bedroom closet. The dress is beautifully packed and displayed through a large window of the inner, sealed box and includes the headpiece and veils. I have not been able to let this dress go until now. I moved to a condo and I need the closet space!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Location: Olney, MD
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.