This is an ivory, tulle gown with a natural waist and sweep train. After going to 3 places in New York City, I was getting worried that I would not find the perfect dress before the big day. But then my mom took me to this little boutique in the suburbs. This gown was the second one I tried that day. And the minute I put it on, it just felt right. It is light, airy and comfortable. The dress fits in a way that covers tummy problem areas and cinches at the perfect point at the waist. At the same time, it will make you feel like a princess. I twirled around at the boutique and the many layers of tulle softly cascaded around me. Total strangers shopping at the boutique stopped to say how beautiful the gown was. I didn’t know I wanted a princess gown until I tried this on and then I couldn’t imagine a time when I did NOT want to be a princess! What added the extra bling to the dress that I was looking for (my wedding theme was glamorous black tie garden party) was the beaded/crystal belt that I bought with the dress. The belt was specially ordered and handmade by a local designer. The crystals go all around the whole belt, including the back. (The original sash that comes with the gown is a satin “vanilla bean” color ribbon sash with no beads or crystals.) I am selling the gown and satin ribbon sash for $1,200. I am selling the beaded/crystal belt separately for $300 (original price of belt was $500). If you want to buy both the gown and crystal belt together, please contact me for a discounted price.
- Alterations: 1. The gown was shortened. (I am 5 feet 2 inches in flats but I wore 4.25 inch heels for the wedding.) 2. The bust area was tightened. (I am a size 32B bra.) 3. Padded/push-up cups were added to the bust area of the gown. So you don't have to buy a special bra or worry about any part of the bra showing! 4. A ballroom bustle was added to the gown. I chose the ballroom bustle so I could have a long sweeping train for the ceremony but the look of no train for the reception. This type of bustle looked more modern and made me feel like I had on a real ballgown at the reception and not just a wedding gown with the train tucked up. 5. My measurements are: waist - 29 inches, bust - 34 inches.
- Preservation Method: The gown was professionally cleaned and preserved. It is in a preservation box.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: new york, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.