I am a practical gal and always said that I would not spend alot of money on my wedding dress. Well that all went out the window when I saw and tried on this dress. I didn’t care how much the dress costs, I needed to have it and I got it! I loved my wedding dress and loved the way I looked and felt it in. So you’re probably asking, well why am I looking to sell it? The reason is that can’t fathom thinking that it will sit in a box forever or until I think that I may use it for my daughter’s Christening outfit or that she’ll want to wear it for her wedding…and who’s to say that I don’t end up having all boys? So as my husband and I start our family nearly a year later I have come to the decision to sell the dress and hopefully make another girl look and feel as gorgeous as I felt the day of my wedding. I received so many compliments on my dress and I can ensure you will too!
The dress is by Christos from their Fall 2013 collection and is one of their signature styles. It is a slim French AlenĂ§on lace gown with bateau neckline, V-back and tulle watteau train. I had my seamstress make the beautiful tulle train detachable and also added little loops to bustle it if I wanted to. The dress is in ivory as pictured on the Christos website, http://christosbridal.com/bridal/#eve
- Alterations: I am a street size 6-8 so I obviously had to have the dress altered to fit this "real" size and fit my body perfectly. I am 5'9" so I ordered the dress with extra legnth. I had to have slight alterations to the bottom but not much as I still wore 3"-3.5" heels and wanted the bottom of the dress to skim the floor. There is no damage to the dress, not even the bottom. However, there are a couple of tiny holes towards the end of the tulle train because of the concrete. Please note that I am a very particular and anal person and take care of everything I own. So for the most part I was always holding the train as I walked but for photos I had to let it drop and it would get stuck a little on the concrete (sorry it was unavoidable). These tiny holes are not noticeable and probably can easily be fixed by a seamstress.
- Preservation Method: The dress was professionally preserved 1 month after my wedding by Wedding Gown Preservation Co. The gown is in the preservation box.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Weehawken, NJ
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.