I fell in love with the Vera Wang Ethel because it is effortlessly sophisticated, chic and unbelievably flattering. The Ethel is comfortable, stunning and gives a fabulous hourglass figure – the stretch Mikado fabric for the bodice is a contrast, clean and structured, with fabric buttons adorning the zippered back. The stunning mermaid flair for the skirt and train are made from layers of folded organza, creating depth and character in this gown. Each swirling tissue organza flange of the skirt is hand-cut. The look is incredibly romantic despite the lack of beading, lace or petticoats. There is a sweep train of two feet with a French bustle and hand sewn ties. This dress is unbelievably flattering and comfortable and gives a fabulous hourglass figure.
- Alterations: The gown was altered to fit my height and taken in to fit more snugly at the bust and waist; I am 5’7 with wedding shoes on, 34D, street size 4 and 26-inch waist. The shoes worn with this gown were Brian Atwood Linscott Mesh-inset Booties, which measure approximately 4 inches in height. Notes about the state of the gown: There are no tears in the tissue organza flanges. There are minor snags in one layer of the tulle underlay, from 6 hours of wear during my wedding day on August 31, 2013.
- Preservation Method: Professionally dry cleaned right after the wedding and is hanging in the garment bag, away from sunlight until it finds a new home!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Millbrae, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.