This listing is for Vera Wang’s “Ethel” gown from her Fall 2010 collection. The dress was purchased from Ever After in Coconut Grove, FL in 2012 and worn for my March 2013 wedding. The dress has been tried on for fit, three times (Jan 17th, Jan 31st and Feb 21st) and worn on my wedding day for 4 hours. I do have the original receipt and note of authenticity (I am the original owner/purchaser).
The fabric manipulation and layers of folded fabric, create depth and character in this gown. Ethel flirts more with couture than other dresses in her collection by showcasing a mastery of cutting and folding. Each swirling tissue organza flange of the skirt is hand-cut. The look is incredibly romantic despite the lack of beading, lace or petticoats. Additionally, Ethel is made of a new fabric of stretch Mikado, allowing innovation in form. The bodice of Ethel is a contrast, clean and structured, with fabric buttons adorning the zippered back. The color is called “natural,” which is off-white (not quite ivory or white). There is a sweep train of two feet with an American bustle and hand sewn ties. This dress is unbelievably flattering and comfortable and gives a fabulous hourglass figure. The gown comes with a matching Vera Wang bridal veil as well as an ivory grosgrain belt, (the belt has never been worn and both are COMPLIMENTARY with this purchase). The gown has been a part of Vera Wang’s trunk show best of collection, so you are able try on a sample in a boutique carrying her collection if you are interested.
The gown is made of 79% silk 16% ply and 5% spandex. The lining is taffeta which is 60% poly 33% nylon and 7% spandex. The Tulle bottom is 100% Nylon Style 122010. Buyer is responsible for picking up or shipping charges.
Just to give you an idea of the height of the dress, I am 5’8 with wedding shoes on. The shoes worn with this gown were Jimmy Choo (Crown), which is part of the iconic CHOO 24:7 collection. The heels measure approximately 20mm/4.8 inches in height with a 30mm/1.2 inch platform. Unfortunately, the shoes are not for sale or included with this listing. The photo is for reference only.
Notes about the state of the gown: There are absolutely ZERO tears in the tissue organza flanges. The gown has been thoroughly inspected and photographed for verification. There are however minor snags in one layer of the tulle underlay, which have also been photographed for documentation.
Please contact me if you have any questions
**Please note: Shipping costs are paid by the buyer.**
- Alterations: Bridal salons will usually order a gown in the size of the largest measurement of your bust/waist/hips. Therefore, this gown has been slightly altered in the bust for a more fitted feel, since the gown was ordered a size up than what I usually wear. The waist has also been fitted and weights have been sewn into the lower portion of the gown (where the mikado silk meets the organza flanges) to keep the gown smooth. Ties have been hand sewn onto the gown to give the train an American style bustle. The tulle has been trimmed to a length that will accommodate a Jimmy Choo Crown style shoe (The heels measure approximately 120mm/4.8 inches in height with a 30mm/1.2 inch platform).
- Preservation Method: The gown has been professionally dry cleaned by The Collection located in Winter Park, FL. A receipt will accompany the purchase and a copy can be provided upon request.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.