Vera Wang “Ethel” is a strapless stretch silk mikado mermaid gown with draped bodice, swirling tissue organza flanges on skirt. This dress was worn to my inside carpeted wedding in March 2013 for 5 hours. I can’t tell you how many compliments I got on this dress! This was my dream dress and I felt so beautiful and comfortable in it, I did not want to take it off at the end of the night. The dress is in a like-new condition. It was purchased at the Vera Wang Bridal House on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, NY and includes certificate of authenticity.
“Ethel flirts more with couture than other dresses in the collection by showcasing a mastery of cutting and folding. Each swirling tissue organza flange of the skirt is hand-cut. The look: incredibly romantic despite the lack of beading, lace or petticoats. Additionally Ethel is made of a new fabric of stretch Mikado, allowing innovation in form.” – Vera Wang
This dress will fit any venue
I will be including cathedral-length veil with small sewn-in pearls and a blusher with your purchase. Available for additional price is a Vera Wang Vanilla Sash with Crystals and Pearls in excellent condition (retails for $1200+tax).
- Label Size: 4
- Street Size: 2
- Height with Shoes: 6'0''
- Alterations: I added a bustle and sewn in cups to the dress. The bottom of the dress has been folded over and hand-sewn to make it shorter. I'm 5'8'' and knew I wanted to wear flats for the majority of the wedding, but the layers made it look good with heels on too. The bottom layers can be let out to accommodate your height / heels up to 6'. The dress is otherwise unaltered and in perfect condition. All alterations have been made at the Alteration Master in NYC.
- Color: Ivory, White
- Silhouette: Mermaid
- Material: Organza, Silk
- Neckline: Strapless
- Style: Classic, Glamorous, Modern, Ruffles
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Preservation Method: I'm getting the dress professionally cleaned and preserved as I write this. I inspected the dress before I sent it to the cleaners, and it did not have any stains on it, except dust in the bottom layers of the dress.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: New York,
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Owner Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.