Loved wearing this dress for my wedding at the end of September 2014 in the gardens and terrace of an inn/restaurant in Venice, Italy. Since I will most likely never wear this dress again, would love for someone else to enjoy feeling beautiful and glamorous in it on her wedding day. The dress is ivory with gorgeous silver beading throughout. What I love most about the dress is that the neckline looks like a jeweled necklace (therefore, didn’t need any jewelry with this dress – just went with simple stud earrings and some flowers in my hair) and the beautiful slit opening in the back (adds a little sultry touch but only a touch – still very appropriate for family viewing). This dress was purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City, which in turn ordered it directly from Jenny Packham in London.
- Alterations: The waist originally sat a bit below my natural waist so elastic was added so I could bring it up to my natural waistline - elastic can be removed by a seamstress if you want to go with Jenny Packham's original design. Hem was taken up in front (but train left in back) - my height was about 5 feet 6 inches with shoes on. If you take out the elastic in the waist, the hem will drop an additional inch or so. French-style bustle option was also added for easier walking and dancing after the ceremony. There was a little snap added towards the bottom of the slit opening in the back. I actually forgot it was there since it is virtually invisible but you can snap it if you want to go for a more demure look. All alterations were done by an in-house seamstress at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City, where I purchased my dress. Very small amount of beads missing in a very small area of the hemline in back of the dress (not noticeable though unless you are looking for it). Can provide bag of extra beads.
- Preservation Method: This dress was thoroughly cleaned and packaged after the wedding at a cost of $595 by wedding gown cleaning specialist J. Scheer (recommended by Saks, where the dress was purchased). I have photos of the dress post-cleaning which I can share with any interested buyer - please contact me.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.