I fell in love with Jenny Packham gowns from the moment I started looking for a wedding dress, and once I tried on this stunner I knew it was perfect for me. I was looking for a classic, elegant look with a touch of glamour, reminiscent of the 1920s without looking costume-y.
The craftsmanship of this dress is incredible: every bead is hand sewn! The sheath silhouette accents your natural waist and skims over your curves, creating a flattering line from every angle. The back of the dress clasps at the neck and is open to the waist, which adds a beautiful drape and the sweep train lends a touch of drama. It was so comfortable to wear, and I loved the slight contrast of the silver beading woven in with the ivory. Everyone at the wedding – men included! – had so much to say about the dress and how special it was, and I couldn’t have felt more beautiful in it.
The dress was purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City. If you are in the NYC/CT area, I would be happy have you come to see the dress prior to buying. I realize that buying your wedding dress is a big deal and would want the same if I were to buy a used gown.
The dress comes with the original Jenny Packham dust bag as well as a bag full of spare beads/crystals in case any fall off in the future.
I will accept cash or cashiers check if you pick up in person. I will also accept Escrow.com but need to receive the full payment before I will ship the dress.
- Alterations: The only alterations were to take the hem up one inch (I was 5'10 in heels) and to add three invisible buttons for a French-style bustle. I also had a piece of elastic sewn into the waist of the dress to keep it sitting properly, but this can be easily removed.
- Preservation Method: The dress is currently undergoing cleaning and preservation at J. Scheer in New York City (http://jscheer.com/) including the repair of any loose beadwork, and will be ready in March 2014. There were no stains or tears, and the lady from J. Scheer even commented on the pristine condition of the dress, saying "You did a great job!"
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Norwalk, CT
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.