This dress was the only one that made me ‘gasp’, as soon as I slipped it on in the Jenny Packham Boutique in Paris I knew it was the last dress I would try on.
The beading on the dress is perfection with each bead hand sown in a true example of 1920s glamour.
The way the dress comes into the waste flatters most shapes and offers the illusion of a perfect female silhouette.
The back fastens at the neck but is open to the waste which allows for another ‘gasp’ moment when you turn around. Please note that the back is not fully open as the material covers most of your back and parts ever so slightly in the middle. (please see photo from lwdbridal.com https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5i286xe5uk8hxeg/lNsotuV-cZ)
All of the guests complemented the dress and my husband had his own ‘gasp’ moment when he saw me in it!
The dress was the ivory and clear/white beads version. The dress has been dry cleaned and has no visible stains. The dress comes with spare beads if necessary.
- Label Size: 10
- Street Size: 6
- Height with Shoes: Approx 173cm (With Shoes)
- Alterations: The dress had little alterations. It was hemmed to my height with shoes approximately 173cm - 5"8. I added a hook to the back of the train so that it can hooked up to the dress during dancing - this cannot be seen on the dress. I also had a piece of elastic added into the waist to keep the dress sitting properly, otherwise it was falling down due to the weight of the dress. This can be removed easily.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Sheath
- Material: Embellishment, Silk
- Neckline: Boatneck
- Style: Glamorous, Open Back, Vintage
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Preservation Method:
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Melbourne, AL
- Will Ship to: Other
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.