This dress is absolutely stunning! It was one of the first dresses I tried on when looking for a wedding dress. It was way out of my budget so I tried to talk myself out of it, but I loved it so much that I went back to store to try it on two more times and finally just bought it! This dress hugs in just the right places and is incredibly flattering. I honestly felt so gorgeous and comfortable the entire day. If it wasn’t for the price, I would absolutely love to preserve and keep this dress forever. It really is such a beautiful gown and you will not regret choosing to wear this on your wedding day.
Since this dress was out of my budget, I paid for the dress out of my savings, not my wedding budget, and told myself that I (sadly) must re-sell after the wedding. So here I am! The dress was purchased and received in 2014, and my wedding was in early November 2014 in California. The ceremony and first dance was outside, and dinner and dancing inside. During the ceremony, I wore a chapel length drop veil I had made using a very soft tulle that matched the dress well. I’m happy to give it to the next buyer if interested. The veil is so long, you can easily shorten it to whatever length you want. I personally loved the long drop veil with this dress as it added a nice modern touch.
I’m selling the dress for $3700. Please feel free to message me for more photos and questions if you have any! I’m happy to answer!
Also selling my embellished belt and bridal hair comb if interested. Message me for more photos and details! The belt wraps almost around the entire waist instead of just the front half of your waist so it looks much better than every other belt I’ve seen! Having the belt added additional subtle sparkle, while hiding the waist seam of the dress and giving me an even tinier waist. The dress is a bit heavy due to the beading, so I loved having the belt on me to keep the dress correctly positioned at my natural waist. I also wore a hair comb that is about medium sized but quite delicate in appearance. I didn’t want to look like I totally stepped out of a vintage magazine, so I avoided hair combs that had too much of a heavy vintage feel.
- Alterations: This dress was not cut or taken in/out at all, so original body lengths and widths are as original and still intact! I lucked out that the dress fit me like a glove, so all I needed was a shorter hem. I found someone who could hem the dress for me in a way that I didn't have to cut the dress at all, and a French bustle was added to keep the train lifted after the ceremony. The French bustle and folded hem can easily be removed before I ship so you can start your alterations from scratch if that is your preference!
- Preservation Method: Hardly any beads fell off because I did a thorough check before receiving my dress and secured any beads that looked loose ahead of time. About two weeks before the wedding, I spent hours lightly shaking and examining the dress for loose beads to get those spots repaired and secured before my wedding day. Best decision I made to ensure no/little beads fell off on the day of. I also asked my bridesmaids not to wear jewelry that could potentially snag the dress :) Just a few beads fell off on the day of, and the small amount of beading that did come off at the wedding will all be repaired. I didn't have this cleaned because there were no major stains or damages to the dress after my wedding. Some light dirt spots on the edge of the train and inside lining of the train where the dress touched the ground outside, but it's easily removable. Most of the dirt was easily shaken off with just the light spots remaining. Cleaning and preservations for this dress in NYC is insanely expensive, so I decided I would leave it up to the buyer to take it where they feel comfortable for a better price as I'm sure there are more affordable places outside of NYC.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.