I tried on a lot of dresses but kept coming back to this one. I just fell in love with how beautiful it was, how comfortable it was, the intricate beading and detail in the lace…. It was the perfect dress. I wore it once for my wedding that took place at a private residence in Southern California and it has since been professionally cleaned. The dress has a beautiful sweetheart neckline, a slight flair at the bottom of the dress, and a short-medium train with a bustle. It has a subtle sparkle from tiny pearl and sequin embellishments, and beautiful lace detail. It is a very comfortable dress and was lightweight enough that I didn’t get hot on my wedding day. I absolutely loved this dress and am sad to part with it, but I am happily married and I know I will never wear it again!
Here’s details from the Watters site: Ivory embellished English net and custom-designed lace strapless gown with fluted skirt. Sweep train.
- Alterations: I did have alterations. The dress was taken in and shortened slightly as I was in between sizes and the dress was a little large on me. My approximate measurements are 32.5 bust, 26 waist, 36.5 hips…. I am 5'6'' 1/2 and wore approximately 2 inch heels with the dress. I also had my seamstress add very lightweight thin straps which can be tucked in and virtually disappear when not wanted. I didn't wear them for the ceremony, but I did wear them for the reception. The dress also clips like a bra inside in the back to keep it tight and I had a couple of additional bra clips added so that I could make it tighter.
- Preservation Method: The dress is in great condition and I have taken great care of it. I had the dress professionally cleaned immediately following the wedding, have stored it in a garment bag and it looks practically new. There are a few beads/sequins that have come loose, but it is very minor and I have the bag of extra beads that came with the dress that I'll pass on to the buyer if you want them. The very bottom part of the dress all the way around that touched the ground dragged a little on my wedding day and has a little bit of pulling in the lace, but if you aren't up close and/or looking for it, I don't think it would be noticeable when wearing the dress. There is a very small stain on the scalloped hem on the train that didn't come out in dry cleaning, but it took some very detailed looking at the dress to even notice it. Very minor wear and tear on a gorgeous dress in great condition. I'd be happy to send pictures of this hem wear and tear if you'd like to see more! The listing didn't allow me to add more pictures!
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.