From the designer: The “Eliza” gown, from Vera Wang’s Fall 2010 collection, features a strapless bodice with floating Chantilly & Alencon appliques, complemented by a traditional ball gown skirt made of organza inserts swirled into an intricate pattern of tucks and pleats to create a sense of buoyancy.
From the owner: I purchase this Vera Wang dress via the Bridal Garden in New York City (where it had been delivered as a sample, but never worn by another bride), and customized it with a slight sweetheart neckline for my Charleston wedding in 2013. The dress was incredibly light and ethereal, and an absolute dream to wear! After the event, I had it professionally cleaned in NYC and its in excellent condition.
Fit: This dress will work best for a bride who is between 5′ and 5’6 tall, as it was shortened to accommodate my own height in heels (5’7″). My chest size was around 34C at my wedding, so the fit will work best on someone with a similar or smaller bra size.
Fun Extras: I purchased two sashes—a black silk grosgrain (2.5 inches wide and several feet long) and an intricate crystal sash that I ended up wearing for the event. The black sash is included free, and the crystal sash is available for an additional fee. I also had a veil professionally made for this gown (visible in photos) that is available for purchase. Or, I can include everything for one price.
- Label Size: 6
- Street Size: 4
- Bust: 34
- Waist: 27
- Hips: 35
- Height with Shoes: 5'7
- Alterations: The dress was altered slightly to take if from a size 6 to a size 4. The dress came as a traditional strapless (straight across) but I added a slight dip in the neckline to make it into a a modified sweetheart. The length was shortened to accommodate my height—5'7" in heels.
- Color: Ivory
- Silhouette: Ballgown
- Material: Lace, Organza
- Neckline: Sweetheart
- Style: Classic
- Condition: Used
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt:
- Preservation Method: The dress was dry cleaned and stored directly after wear and is in excellent condition.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Seller Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Escrow.com
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.