Worn at my Sept 7, 2013 wedding in the UK, this Anne Barge gown style # 617 was purchased at Kleinfeld in NYC in January 2013.
PRICE: The dress was purchased for $4550, plus $125 for a split size (bottom was bridal size 18/street 14, top was bridal size 16/street 12), plus $695 for alterations, plus $1041.25 for an Anne Barge custom bolero, plus $507.32 NY sales tax ($6918.57 total). I will sell the dress without the bolero for $3,500 or the bolero without the dress for $625. I am also willing to negotiate costs within reason.
GOWN DESCRIPTION: From the Anne Barge website: “Alencon Pearl Lace over a luxurious Silk Cocoa Lining… sweetheart neckline and sumptuous trumpet flared skirt and fitted silhouette.” This gown features a short, sweep-style train and is easily accessorized with a sash or belt, and can be further customized by adding straps, sleeves or some type of keyhole back. This dress can also be easily altered so that the bottom of the dress detaches to create a short, mini-dress look for casual receptions or after parties. Anne Barge herself sketched and custom designed my sheer bolero to be worn during the ceremony made from Italian Illusion Tulle and hand-placed Alencon Lace Appliques that complimented my gown’s lace. The back of the bolero dips in a V-shape to compliment the line of the dress, and fastens securely with finished loops that attach to the silk-covered buttons of the dress. The sleeves are 3/4-length with raw cut edges. The neckline of the bolero is a wide boater-type silhouette that comes to the tips of the shoulders, and the bolero ends just beneath the bust in front. The delicate tulle made the bolero disappear over my skin, making the lace appliques “pop” – it was truly a beautiful combo with the two-tone gown. The entire look was feminine, delicate, and timeless yet modern. It suited my ceremony at a 12-century ruin and then my modern, Art Deco reception at an Irish country estate.
- Alterations: As mentioned, I ordered a split size as I am a street size 12 on top and 14 on bottom. The dress was then altered as I lost weight down to a street size 10 on top, and street size 12 on bottom. The alterations ladies at Kleinfeld did a beautiful job making the gown fit my shape and show off my curves while still allowing me to move gracefully. They also added a discreet bustle to the sweep train in the back just underneath the border of lace above where the dress flares. They sewed my bone-in corset into the inside lining of the gown for added support - I did not want to be pulling up on my dress all day long, and I didn't need to adjust it once! Simply amazing fit and the silk lining makes this dress super comfortable to wear. The corset could be easily removed. The dress was hemmed - I am 5'6" tall and I wore 3.5-inch heels on my wedding day. ***IF YOU LIVE IN THE NYC AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY ON THE GOWN, PLEASE EMAIL ME.***
- Preservation Method: The dress has been in its Kleinfeld garment bag in a smoke- and pet-free home since I took it off after the wedding. It has a few small tears in the lace from normal wear but these could be easily and discreetly repaired by any good tailor. The hem of the lining underneath the train is also snagged and could use a simple stitch repair. You will want to give the gown a fresh steam and dryclean after you have it altered before your big day. The dress traveled from NYC to the UK beautifully and did not need a steam upon arrival. It has no food or beverage stains, but the hem did get dirty with normal wear - mostly on the lining and underneath the lace. Again, this could be remedied with a simple once-over dryclean.
- Terms of Sale: All Sales Final
- Original Owner: Yes
- Has Original Receipt: Yes
- Location: New York, NY
- Will Ship to: Anywhere at Buyer Expense
- Payment Methods Accepted: Other
Please read our BUYER'S GUIDE before purchasing a dress online.